All Climate Events
Webinar: Soil Health Dos and Don'ts
Tuesday, 12 July 2022, 2:00
Tuesday, July 12, 2022. 2:00 PM. Webinar: Soil Health Dos and Don'ts. Keith Scoggins, Shannon Griffin, and Troyce Barnett, USDA NRCS; Steve Green, Arkansas State University; Mike Daniels and Bill Robertson, University of Arkansas; Adam Chappell, Arkansas Soil Health Alliance. Sponsored by USDA. Register here.
Participants will be able to ask questions for a round table on several soil health topics. These include:
- Cover Crop selection, seeding, termination and benefits
- Benefits to soil health by using crop rotations and crop rotations to avoid.
- Pest Management techniques including scouting and monitoring of pests, beneficial insects, pesticide carry-over and breaking the cycle of non-essential pesticide use.
- The 4-Rs in soil health system concerning nutrient management techniques.
- Cash crop establishment techniques in cover crop systems. Discuss benefits of planting green or planting after chemical termination.
- Benefits of soil health systems on water management. Specifically reductions in irrigation amounts and management techniques.